Ensure Business Continuity With UCaaS
Business continuity is not merely a technological challenge to achieve — It is also a personal one. New technologies take time to master, and many people are resistant to unlearning old technology and learning new ones.
Embracing new technology is a challenge that existed before remote work and will continue to exist with each transition and improvement in remote work practices and procedures.
The most crucial step to ensuring business continuity is by providing training to your workforce. Your employees need to understand why you are implementing new workplace changes, the benefits they will receive by adapting to new workflows, and how their daily work will change.
A secondary, but still significant, step to ensure business continuity is to ask for feedback and provide updates to employees. Adapting to new technologies can be difficult for some. We all learn in different ways. Some of us like visuals, while others like listening lecture-style to new information.
If employees can access help, whether, through documentation, online videos, or their IT department, they will be better able to adapt to these changes.
Emphasize the importance of seeking assistance and collaborative and enhanced communication, and understand that transition is hard.
UCaaS Saves Businesses Operating Costs
Businesses reduce costs when expenses decrease. Although UCaaS solutions require payment on a recurring basis, the amount of money saved may eclipse their cost.
These costs can be high.
Here are some of the more popular savings UCaaS can provide to your company:
- Hardware Costs — By going remote, your workplace will not be as reliant on hardware like servers or wired networks. Most software can easily replace hardware, and, now with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are seeing workplaces transition from software-only setups.
- Physical Costs — With decreasing amounts of hardware come decreasing material costs. Your workplace can save money by ending leases on server space, moving costs, and physical upkeep.
- All-in-one Pricing Advantage — UCaaS’s main advantage is that it offers all-in-one platforms for telecommunications work. By bundling all these features and services, businesses, especially small businesses and entrepreneurs, can save on operating costs instead of purchasing access to individual features.
- Generic Office Expenses — By having employees working from home or remote working, employers no longer need their large office leases, nor the generic expenses that come with it like pens, staplers, and office snacks.
- Office Utility Costs — Office utilities like power, water, electricity, and more now do not be paid or paid at the same amount as pre-pandemic work. Offices are downsizing and closing, and employers are ending leases for space now that they do not need it.
- Limited IT Support Costs — While IT support is crucial for employees to be able to complete remote work or telecommunication, much of that IT support work can be outsourced to the companies providing communications platforms like UCaaS. Workplace IT can now focus on providing support for work devices and generic work processes.
We covered just some of the benefits of UCaaS in the workplace in this section, as well as how to meet common challenges. Each workplace will implement UCaaS differently, so try it today and see the difference for yourself.